Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a vital element of our people-focused culture. It underpins how we treat each other, not only colleagues, but every other individual and organisation with whom we come into contact.
Our Key CSR Principles:
Delivering Value to Customers
By understanding our customers' needs and delivering value-for-money, targeted products, DeltaStar aims to build deeper, longer relationships that benefit both parties; and where customers are dissatisfied, we resolve issues efficiently.
A key issue is financial exclusion and we're proud of the work we do internally and with external partners to ease the problems of financial literacy and capability.
Treating our Employees Well
It's equally important to provide a positive working experience for our people and we support a healthy work/life balance for everyone. By creating a workforce that reflects the diversity in society, and by recognising and respecting individual differences, we will benefit from the full range of knowledge and skills on offer.
DeltaStar aspires to create a high performance culture where employees are supported to achieve their best and are rewarded consistently and fairly.
DeltaStar values communication, openness and approachability. Strong relationships with our trade union colleagues are critical and Advance, the independent trade union, is consulted on major initiatives and has bargaining and representation rights.
In Partnership with Suppliers
Our partners tend to share our commitment to conducting business responsibly. We use competitive tendering and deal with suppliers in a fair and open manner. Suppliers are asked to adhere to the UN Global Compact principles on human rights, labour standards, environment and anti-corruption.
Approach to the Environment
We are committed to creating a successful business that isn't achieved at the expense of the environment. Our biggest environmental impact is created across our property portfolio and the use of electricity, gas and paper, and waste generation. We therefore invest in the latest technology to reduce our carbon emissions through energy efficient equipment and are addressing our waste and recycling activities.
Investments and Lending
In assessing investment and lending proposals, DeltaStar considers a number of factors including the potential impact on human rights, public health and the environment. Proposals are reviewed on a case-by-case basis taking into account the ethical implications of supporting a particular organisation, government or project.
Health & Safety
We are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, contractors and visitors by creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- All injuries and occupational illnesses are preventable.
- Health and safety is a top priority and an integral part of our business and decision-making.
- Management is ultimately responsible for workplace health and safety.
- Safe operating practices are a shared responsibility among management, employees, contractors and visitors.
- Employees and contractors are accountable for their safety and that of fellow workers.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Sharing best practices improves performance.
- Design safe facilities.
- Continually review and improve processes and procedures.
- Identify hazards and assess risks.
- Develop, implement and enforce safe work practices.
- Ensure all facilities comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide employees with information and training to work safely.
- Require employees and contractors to execute their work in accordance with legislative requirements and DeltaStar policy.
- Establish and monitor health and safety objectives.
- Take action to prevent recurrence of incidents.
- Implement health and safety management systems to continually improve performance.
- Conduct health and safety audits.
- Report health and safety performance to senior management, the Board of Directors, shareholders, employees, and the public.
We are concerned with the conservation of the environment in its broadest sense and recognise that certain resources are finite and must be used responsibly. We remain committed to minimising the impact that our operations have on the environment. In addition, effective environmental management presents us with business opportunities supporting our value driver of cost optimisation and achievement of execution excellence.
Good environmental management systems, designed to manage local impacts and environmental sensitivities, are an essential component of our responsible approach. Our aim is to achieve good business practice in environmental management across all the Group's operations.